I get this question so often that I decided to document it. The problem is that if you ask someone to start a Teamviewer Quick Support –version it won’t work with UAC. You need to get Teamviewer installed on the computer as a service to work with UAC. This isn’t always straightforward so I’ll show here my version on how to do it with a few gotchas to look at.
1. You first ask your friend/customer to download Teamviewer QS from for example:
2. Ask them to Run it and allow elevation
3. Ask them to tell you the ID and Password
4. Connect to the computer and upgrade to the full version
5. Choose the proper version, NOT THE QS-version!
6. Reconnect to the computer – the ID and Password stay the same as for the QS-version
7. Configure Unattended access
8. The one thing that I always do after this because UAC is still not usually really working at this phase is to restart the Teamviewer service
9. Once more reconnect and now you have Full Control with UAC working properly